Apply now to start or further your fashion career with professional talent representation, career and portfolio management, media marketing and promotion, and professional mentoring.
Notice to Model Applicants:
Please read this page in its entirety before submitting a Model Talent Application. Completion of the Model Talent Application is not a guarantee of hire / acceptance / join / invitation / or other contractual relationship between you and the agency or any other entity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many typical modeling questions are answered in our Frequently Asked Question answers. Review these F.A.Q.s before contacting us. To apply for our quality model management and promotion services including representation to aid your career for the purpose of professional modeling, complete the Model Talent Application.
How do I become an HM MODEL?
To apply for our quality model management and promotion services including representation to aid your career for the purposes of professional modeling, complete the Model Talent Application. Please review the submission guidelines. A representative will contact you only if we are interested in representing your talent and or a client has requested your services. If you have not applied and a client requests your services, we will reach out to you with an agency application invitation.
I applied. How do I know that my application was delivered?
After you click the Submit button on the application, a summary of the information you entered displays in place of the application. At the top of this information, the words “Message Sent” display. This is your confirmation that the application was delivered. Please print this page for your records. This is your way of knowing when your countdown to receiving a reply begins (if we are interested in representing your talent).
Be sure to read the F.A.Q.s for information on submission wait times. If you are unable to print the “Message Sent” summary, you will need to wait up to 8 weeks for your application to be processed, in order to receive a confirmation.
I applied. Why have I not been contacted?
Due to submission volume and the unique needs of our clients, we will only contact you if we are interested in representing your talent and or a client has requested your services. If you have not applied and a client requests your services, we will reach out to you with an agency application invitation. Submission of the Model Talent Application does not guarantee an agency invitation.
How long does it take to receive a response?
Our inbox fills quickly. It may take up to 60 days for your application to reach the top and receive a review. Therefore, you should allow 8 weeks for a reply concerning your submission. As our business grows, we will have more staff available to process applications. Remember that a representative will only contact you if we are interested in representing your talent and or a client has requested your services.
What if I have waited 8 weeks and have not received a response on my application?
If you do not receive a reply within 8 weeks and you have not applied more than once, you may re-submit your application ONCE more. If you did not submit a link to current photo(s) with your application, your submission may have been set aside. Please send submit a link to your online photo (there should be no nudity; no guests; and no pets in your photo). If you do not receive a reply concerning your second submission within 8 weeks of submitting your second Model Talent Application, we will not represent you at this time. Please do not submit an application more than twice without our direct request.
What happens if an Agent is interested in representing my talent?
If an Agent is interested in representing your talent, you will be invited to complete an onboarding checklist. Because this list is a bit complex, it usually takes about four to five weeks before you actually start working.
Applicant Notice: Due to current COVID-19 precautions, our onboarding process is only available online (unless you have a documented need for specific accommodations based on a legally represented disability – in which case, we will forward other instructions. If you have disability, please respond to this email with details).
What happens when a client wants to hire me?
When a client contacts us to hire you, we will gather the event information and negotiate your fees. It is your responsibility to attend the event ready to work.
What are HM MODEL Expectations?
HM MODELs are expected to participate in GSyndicates FashionVersity. Since not every HM MODEL comes to us with the same experience, some modules will be a review for some models. However, all modules are required in order to work for our clients.
- You will learn about a dozen or more different types of modeling.
- You will learn how to perform a variety of modeling genres.
- You will learn how to care for your finances.
- You will learn how to care for your mental health.
- You will learn how to care for your physical hygiene.
- You will learn how to care for your skin.
- You will learn how to care for your hair.
- You will learn basic makeup application.
- You will learn about low-impact exercising.
- You will learn about food and eating habits to promote your best health.
- You may have an expense-paid makeover if the President / CEO and or your agent believes it will improve your photogenic quality.
- You will learn how to promote your portfolio to get more jobs.
- You will complete audio, text, and video lessons to help mold your modeling career into a successful venture.
- You will participate in monthly photo shoots.
- You create (and periodically update) an HM MODEL video introduction (we will provide a starting script). This video will be posted to your HM MODEL profile on our site.
- You will attend periodic salon visits to help maintain your makeover.
- You will spend a minimum of 10 hours per week developing your image, your portfolio, and your experience and qualifications (if you choose tuition reimbursement, your “pay” will be directed to your academic institution: you will not be paid individually).
- You will attend quarterly workshops on various topic related to your career.
- You may also do some traveling to work with industry professionals nationally.
- If you are a fashion blogger for us or any of our clients, you may receive some electronic devices to help you mobilize your fashion blogging. You will be required to maintain these devices with the highest standard of care and notify us immediately if something is not working.
- If you are a fashion blogger for us or any of our clients, you will receive credentials to be able to blog at various secure sites. In this case, you are expected to maintain confidentiality of your credentials.
- Fashion bloggers are also expected to submit only their work. Specific content regulations will be provided to you if and when you are hired to do this activity.
- You will be expected to wear ours and our client’s apparel and accessories and take quality selfies (we will train you) to accompany your blog posts.
- You will be expected to maintain your appearance between salon visits and photo shoots.
DO HM MODELs get free stuff?
HM MODELs receive free apparel and accessories to wear in photos and to events. HM MODELs also receive a variety of products to care for appearance between salon visits and photo shoots.
Does HM MODELs pay for me to attend fashion classes?
Modeling is more than being a pretty face. It is a valid, income producing profession. We encourage HM MODELs to be educated in the fashion industry. This is the purpose of HM MODEL University, to provide fashion related knowledge and skills. We also encourage HM MODELS to attend their accredited program of choice to gain professional advancement in fashion careers. This training will put you a step above talent in the fashion industry who are not trained. You may apply for tuition reimbursement or scholarships if you choose to take accredited fashion related courses. Awards are first-come, first-served. Please apply early. Do not wait for your semester to begin, or until after you have already paid fees. You may submit a certified enrollment plan from your college advisor in order to verify upcoming classes.
Thank you for your interest in Haute Midwest MODELS Talent Management.