HM MODEL Talent MGMT
- HM MODELs Home
- HM MODEL Talent MGMT Home
- About HM MTMGMT
- Read Our Blog
- Find Talent
- Model Talent
- HM MODEL Central
- HM MODEL University
Haute Midwest Publications
Model Applicant F.A.Q.s
Attention: Please read the Notice to Model Applicants before submitting a Model Talent Application. Completion of the Model Talent Application is not a guarantee of hire / acceptance / join / invitation / or other contractual relationship between you and the agency or any other entity.
Many typical modeling questions are answered in our Frequently Asked Question answers. Review these F.A.Q.s before contacting us. To apply for our quality model management and promotion services including representation to aid your career for the purpose of professional modeling, complete the Model Talent Application.
How do I become an HM MODEL?
To apply for our quality model management and promotion services including representation to aid your career for the purposes of professional modeling, complete the Model Talent Application. Please review the submission guidelines. A representative will contact you only if we are interested in representing your talent and or a client has requested your services. If you have not applied and a client requests your services, we will reach out to you with an agency application invitation.
I applied. How do I know that my application was delivered?
After you click the Submit button on the application, a summary of the information you entered displays in place of the application. At the top of this information, the words “Message Sent” display. This is your confirmation that the application was delivered. Please print this page for your records. This is your way of knowing when your countdown to receiving a reply begins (if we are interested in representing your talent).
Be sure to read the F.A.Q.s for information on submission wait times. If you are unable to print the “Message Sent” summary, you will need to wait 2 to 4 weeks for your application to be processed, in order to receive a confirmation.
I applied. Why have I not been contacted?
Due to submission volume and unique needs of our clients, we will only contact you if we are interested in representing your talent and or a client has requested your services. If you have not applied and a client requests your services, we will reach out to you with an agency application invitation. Submission of the Model Talent Application does not guarantee an agency invitation.
How long does it take to receive a response?
Due to submission volume, our inbox fills quickly. It may take 7 – 10 business days for your application to reach the top and receive a review. Therefore, you should allow Allow 2 – 4 weeks to receive a reply concerning your submission. Remember that a representative will only contact you if we are interested in representing your talent and or a client has requested your services.
What if I have waited 4 weeks and have not received a response on my application?
If you do not receive a reply within 4 weeks and you have not applied more than once, you may re-submit your application ONCE more. If you do not receive a reply concerning your second submission within 4 weeks of submitting your second Model Talent Application, we will not represent you at this time. Do not submit an application more than twice without our direct request.
What happens if an Agent is interested in representing my talent?
If an Agent is interested in representing your talent, you will be invited to complete an onboarding checklist. Because this list is a bit complex, it usually takes about four to five weeks before you actually start working.
Applicant Notice: Due to current COVID-19 precautions, our onboarding process is only available online (unless you have a documented need for specific accommodations based on a legally represented disability – in which case, we will forward other instructions. If you have disability, please respond to this email with details).
Here is an overview of the onboarding process:
- We will send an email acknowledgement of your application within 7 – 14 days of a selecting your submission.
- Your application will be assigned an ID that must be included on all future correspondence.
- Once you have an Applicant ID, we will send a second email containing a link to a secure site with a checklist for you to complete. This checklist has many tasks that could be time consuming. If you do not or can not complete the checklist within 90 days of receiving the second email, your application will be closed and you will not be hired.
- After you complete the full onboarding checklist, we will send you a third email containing a formal invite (via email) to begin work as an Independent Contractor.
- At this time, we will use your application to create your initial model profile. When complete, we will send you a fourth email containing a link to your private profile URL. You will have the opportunity to correct any details. If your submitted photo(s) are professional grade, your profile will include the photos you submitted. If you do not have a professional looking photo, our fourth email will include instructions for acquiring photos. Your initial profile will not be made public until it has professional looking photos and you have completed onboarding.
- At this time, we will send you a fifth email with a formal onboarding (new-hire orientation) invitation containing a link to a secure site with a second checklist for you to complete. We allow two to four weeks to complete the onboarding checklist as there are many forms to read, tasks to complete, and some videos to watch, which your schedule may not allow for completion in one interval.
- Once you have completed the onboarding checklist, your HM MODEL profile will be made public and we will begin marketing your talent.
The foregoing is only an overview. Detailed instructions are included in formal documentation.
What happens when a client wants to hire me?
When a client contacts us to hire you, we will gather the event information and negotiate your fees. It is your responsibility to attend the event ready to work.
Finally, thank you for your interest in Haute Midwest MODELs.
What are HM MODEL Expectations?
HM MODELs are expected to participate in HM MODEL University. Since not every HM MODEL comes to us with the same experience, some modules will be a review for some models. However, all modules are required in order to work for our clients.
- You will learn about a dozen or more different types of modeling.
- You will learn how to perform a variety of modeling genres.
- You will learn how to care for your finances.
- You will learn how to care for your mental health.
- You will learn how to care for your physical hygiene.
- You will learn how to care for your skin.
- You will learn how to care for your hair.
- You will learn basic makeup application.
- You will learn about low-impact exercising.
- You will learn about food and eating habits to promote your best health.
- You may have an expense-paid makeover if the President / CEO and or your agent believes it will improve your photogenic quality.
- You will learn how to promote your portfolio to get more jobs.
- You will complete audio, text, and video lessons to help mold your modeling career into a successful venture.
- You will participate in monthly photo shoots.
- You create (and periodically update) an HM MODEL video introduction (we will provide a starting script). This video will be posted to your HM MODEL profile on our site.
- You will attend periodic salon visits to help maintain your makeover.
- You will spend a minimum of 10 hours per week developing your image, your portfolio, and your experience and qualifications (if you choose tuition reimbursement, your “pay” will be directed to your academic institution: you will not be paid individually).
- You will attend quarterly workshops on various topic related to your career.
- You may also do some traveling to work with industry professionals nationally.
- If you are a fashion blogger for us or any of our clients, you may receive some electronic devices to help you mobilize your fashion blogging. You will be required to maintain these devices with the highest standard of care and notify us immediately if something is not working.
- If you are a fashion blogger for us or any of our clients, you will receive credentials to be able to blog at various secure sites. In this case, you are expected to maintain confidentiality of your credentials.
- Fashion bloggers are also expected to submit only their work. Specific content regulations will be provided to you if and when you are hired to do this activity.
- You will be expected to wear ours and our client’s apparel and accessories and take quality selfies (we will train you) to accompany your blog posts.
- You will be expected to maintain your appearance between salon visits and photo shoots.
DO HM MODELs get free stuff?
HM MODELs receive free apparel and accessories to wear in photos and to events. HM MODELs also receive a variety of products to care for appearance between salon visits and photo shoots.
Does HM MODELs pay for me to attend fashion classes?
Modeling is more than being a pretty face. It is a valid, income producing profession. We encourage HM MODELs to be educated in the fashion industry. This is the purpose of HM MODEL University, to provide fashion related knowledge and skills. We also encourage HM MODELS to attend their accredited program of choice to gain professional advancement in fashion careers. This training will put you a step above talent in the fashion industry who are not trained. You may apply for tuition reimbursement or scholarships if you choose to take accredited fashion related courses. Awards are first-come, first-served. Please apply early. Do not wait for your semester to begin, or until after you have already paid fees. You may submit a certified enrollment plan from your college advisor in order to verify upcoming classes.
Want to be the next face of HM MODELs?
Attention Agents and Models: We currently have an open call for men and women to work as models, social media influencers, fashion bloggers, and brand ambassadors for GSyndicates. These are paid opportunities. To work for this client, you must be an HM MODEL. View the open call.
Apply now to start or further your fashion career with professional talent representation, career and portfolio management, media marketing and promotion, and professional mentoring.